Even though studies have proven that massage is a great complementary therapy to mainstream medicine, many believe that massage therapy is only for relaxation and/or for women.
Doctors and specialists recommend receiving a massage to help relieve many acute and/or chronic conditions. Message therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses the power of touch to help restore the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
The health benefits from receiving a massage applies to many walks of life, ranging from housewives to professional athletes.
Therapeutic massage is a wonderful medicinal tool to enhance and increase numerous beneficial processes and functions within the human body:
- Enhances ones state of well-being, in addition to healing soft tissue damage.
- Increase flexibility, range of motion, muscle tone, blood flow, dopamine and serotonin levels, and improves lymphatic fluid flow and drainage.
- Induces relaxation and stimulates the immune system. Leaving you to breathe easier due to decreased pain, inflammation and stress.
- Increased blood flow and circulation, which brings needed nutrition to muscles and tissues. This aids in recovery of muscle soreness from physical activity or soft tissue injury (such as muscle strain).
- Decreased tension in the muscles. This muscle relaxation can improve flexibility, reduce pain caused by tight muscles and even improve sleep.
- Increased endorphin levels--the "feel good" chemicals in the brain. This mood enhancer can ease depression and anxiety, which can help reduce pain and speed recovery--particularly important for those suffering from chronic back or neck problems.
Massage Supports Chiropractic
- Chiropractic treatment often proceeds more easily, with less discomfort, when soft tissue has been relaxed with massage.
- You may be less anxious and more ready to receive chiropractic adjustment after a relaxing massage.
- Adjustments frequently last longer when muscle tension is released that might otherwise pull your joints out of alignment again.